WELCOME TO SOUTHWEST
REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
- Our office is now open for walk-in business. Payments may be made at our walk-in counter between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. during regularly scheduled hours or, at any First Financial Bank branch. Please follow Ohio Department of Health and CDC guidelines issued for the COVID-19 pandemic during your visit.
Inconsistent Bills in 2021-
- We would like to make customers aware of an issue which may have affected your water bill for January and February 2021. For a small portion of our customer base, the technology which transmits your reading from the meter to our drive-by computer did not recognize the year 2021. If the technology transmitted a reading during January, that reading only recognized usage during 2020. We were not made aware of this issue by the manufacturer until after bills were sent to customers.
- We have installed a software patch to recognize all 2021 usage. The February reading will pick up any 2021 usage which was not recognized during the January reading. If you notice an unusually large bill, this is likely the cause, meaning the preceding bill was understated. The larger bill is a "catch-up" which reflects actual water used. A larger bill could also be caused by a longer reading cycle, which occurred in some instances as we worked to install the patch. To be clear, this issue only involves the reading technology, not the accuracy of the meter.
- The 2021 Annual Meeting of Customers, which would normally take place in March, has been postponed indefinitely due to the public health emergency. If the situation improves, the meeting may take place later in the year. The venue and/or format may change. Details will be made available to all customers.
- The District resumed disconnections of water service due to delinquency in late 2020. Customers with a delinquent balance and no payment arrangement in place will be subject to disconnection. Please call us at 513-863-0828 to learn about or set up a payment arrangement before your account becomes delinquent.