WELCOME TO SOUTHWEST
REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
Audit Committee Meeting
- The Southwest Regional Water District's Audit Committee will meet at 7:00pm on June 8, 2021 in the District's conference room at 3640 Old Oxford Road. The public meeting will discuss financial aspects of the District.
- The Southwest Regional Board of Trustees' Policy Committee will meet on Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. in the Board Room at the District Office located at 3640 old Oxford Rd., Hamilton. OH 45013 to consider modifications to various policies.
- Our office is now open for walk-in business. Payments may be made at our walk-in counter between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. during regularly scheduled hours or, at any First Financial Bank branch. Please follow Ohio Department of Health and CDC guidelines issued for the COVID-19 pandemic during your visit.
- Your billing statement indicates whether your bill is an actual bill or an estimated bill. An estimated bill will state “Water Estimated” in the description. When bills are estimated, the billing software uses a system-generated average based on the previous 12 months of consumption. When the meter is then actually read, an adjustment is made to account for the estimate, and that adjustment will show up in the description with the message “Estimate Adjustment”.
- Bills can be estimated for a variety of reasons. Meters are read using radio transmission equipment and occasionally a reading will fail to be transmitted or received. Weather can cause us to fail to be able to read a route or can cause poor data transmission. Software updates to the radio transmitting devices have resulted in a higher volume of estimated meter readings. At the end of 2020, 99.3% of our meter readings were actual. After we apply the software updates to the affected radio transmitting devices, we hope to return to our previous meter reading rate.
- When a meter registers more than two consecutive estimated readings for which we have no explanation, we will send out staff to troubleshoot the reading device and make a repair. To be clear, this issue only involves the reading technology, not the accuracy of the meter.
- The 2021 Annual Meeting of Customers, which would normally take place in March, has been postponed indefinitely due to the public health emergency. If the situation improves, the meeting may take place later in the year. The venue and/or format may change. Details will be made available to all customers.
- The District resumed disconnections of water service due to delinquency in late 2020. Customers with a delinquent balance and no payment arrangement in place will be subject to disconnection. Please call us at 513-863-0828 to learn about or set up a payment arrangement before your account becomes delinquent.